Saturday, November 14, 2009

What a week!

I know that I am really slow at posting this week.  It has been a bit crazy.  I've attended a viewing and funeral of a dear friend and a wedding of another friend.  I've had some great experiences and insights into temple ordinances and service.  I can't wait to share them with you!  I am planning on doing a full post on sections 131-132 tomorrow.  So stay tuned!  I'd really love to hear from you all.  Otherwise it's just me spouting off.  The more ideas and opinions the better.  So, don't be shy.  You can do it!  Go ahead and leave a comment. 

3 comments:

Susan said...

As I read the assignment I was struck by the fact that with all we try to do it all comes down to staying faithful, and keep trying. We do all we can do and leave the rest up to the Lord. Temple blessings will bless us in this life and we are promised great and continued blessings in eternity. We (Sally and I) did wonder if you had any information about the David in the last days that is mentioned that would be a decendant of King David.

Julie said...

I have heard mention of David before, but there wasn't anything in the manual about it. I will look into it.

Good job posting!! It isn't that scary, is it?

Julie said...

Susan, I am not finding too much more about David. The passage in the manual is quoting from Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. It just says that King David's priesthood, throne, and kingdom are to be taken from him and given to one of his descendants by the name of David in the last days.