We have been meeting every Tuesday morning as a group of sisters, neighbors, and friends for more than three years now. Some of you have been there since the beginning. Some have had to drop out and some have joined in as circumstances permitted. It has been a tremendous experience for me. There is something incredible about sharing spiritual feelings with your sisters and friends. I feel like we have increased in our knowledge and understanding of the scriptures. My testimony has grown. I hope that yours has too. We have completed the Book of Mormon and most of the Doctrine and Covenants.
As of late, we have been encountering a few stumbling blocks to our weekly scripture study. I've decided to try something new in the hopes that more sisters will be able to participate. I understand that this form of communication tends to not be as personal as a face to face meeting. But I am hopeful that we can still grow spiritually and share our thoughts and feelings openly. The advantages to this type of venue are many. You can read and post comments and questions when it is most convenient for you. This should allow sisters who work or have other scheduling conflicts to participate if they desire. It should also work better for mothers of young children. I can link to supplemental resources directly--you can read them for yourselves instead of listening to me quote them. We can encourage one another to not only read but really study the scriptures regularly. And I think we will be able to be much more consistent and able to stick to our schedule. We may even be able to continue through the summer if we desire. It sounds like a win-win situation to me.
So, let's get started!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. This is a great idea. I think this "style" of scripture group will work much better for me and my schedule. Thanks! And wow the blog looks so beautiful and it's obvious there has been a lot of time and thought put into it. Thank you. -Camille Bennett
Post a Comment